Federal Retirees Pre-Retirement Course
Demystify retirement with a two-day virtual pre-retirement course from the National Association of Federal Retirees in collaboration with certified pension presenters Melody Walz and François Poudrier together with Tradex and the Geras Centre for Aging Research. This course is designed to help federal employees transition from work to retirement and provide information on various aspects of retirement.
Advance your skills
Upon completion of this two-day workshop, participants will have enhanced knowledge of public service pension plan, financial planning, estate planning, and living your best life in retirement.
This course is available in two formats:
- Virtual two-day pre-retirement course webinar
- In-person two-day pre-retirement course (Typically in the past it has been held in Ottawa in December)
The webinar will cover the following topics:
- The Benefits of Planning
- Your Public Service Pension Plan Member Education Session*
- Living Your Best Life
- Financial Planning, Estate Planning and Putting it All Together
- Staying Connected with Federal Retirees
*Note: Within the course, we only offer the Pension Centre’s “regular” pension presentation (Public Service Superannuation Act) for public servants. That presentation is different and does not apply to the other plans.